Diane Aqui represents employers before numerous federal and state administrative agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board, Workers Compensation Appeals Board, Department of Labor, Labor Commissioner, FEHA, EEOC and the EDD.
She is general counsel numerous businesses and negotiates collective bargaining agreements on behalf of management. Ms. Aqui counsels employers regarding employee related issues, and provides state-mandated training for sexual harassment and bullying. She has successfully defended discrimination and class action wage and hour suits in both State and Federal Court.
Ms. Aqui graduated as valedictoran of her law school and was the recipient of numerous Witkin and American Jurisprudence Awards. In addition to her J.D., Ms. Aqui holds a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Marine Engineering from Maritime College, Fort Schuyler, New York and was also a licensed Third Assistant Engineer in the United States Coast Guard. Her background as an engineer performing risk evalutations and safety inspections of power and production plants lends a unique real world perspective to managing the risks employers face in today’s market place, particularly in the areas of discrimination, harassment and business issues.
Ms. Aqui is admitted to practice in all courts of the State of California and the Northern District and Eastern District Federal Courts of California. Ms. Aqui is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the DC Court of Appeals.
Watson vs. Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2007 US Dist. LEXIS 77131 (E.D. Cal. Oct. 17, 2007)
Carman vs. Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, 535 F. Supp. 2d 1039 (E.D.Cal. 2008)
NeilMed Products, Inc., 358 NLRB 8 (2012)
Scoma’s of Sausalito, LLC, 362 NLRD 174 (2015)
PDCC Annual Convention 2014
• Valedictorian, Empire College School of Law, May 2001 (achieved highest grade point average in the history of school)
• Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Constitutional Law, 2000
• Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Wills, 2000
• American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Torts, 1998
• American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Contracts, 1998
• American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Criminal Law, 1998
• Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Outstanding Achievement in Torts, 1998
• Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Outstanding Achievement in Contracts, 1998
• Corpus Juris Secundum Award for Outstanding Achievement in Criminal Law, 1998