Glenn M. Smith has a broad range of experience with legal issues pertaining to business, real estate, commercial disputes, complex litigation and transactional work for public, private and nonprofit organizations as well as individuals. Over a period of 30 years, he has provided counseling to thousands of individuals and organizations. In the same period of time, he has proven his abilities by successfully owning and operating numerous businesses.
Mr. Smith is general counsel to many companies, organizations and industry associations, some of which he serves as a director. He attended law school while working full-time in the fields of engineering and marketing. In 1980, he received his Juris Doctorate degree from Western State University where he graduated with honors.
He is admitted to practice before all state courts within California, as well as U.S. District Courts. He is a member of the American, California and Sonoma County Bar Associations. He sits as a Judge Pro Tem for the Sonoma County Superior Court and is the past president of the Sonoma County Bar Association. He is active in many community organizations and has served for the boards of Empire College School of Law, American Subcontractors Association, North Coast Builders Exchange, and Blood Bank of the Redwoods.
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court of California, All California Districts
- Western State University School of Law, J.D.
- Marist College, B.S. Business Administration
Professional associations and memberships
- Board, Sonoma County Legal Aid
- Board, North Coast Builder’s Exchange, American Bar Association
- Board, Engineering Contractor’s Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Subcontractors Association
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Marin Builders Association
- Member, North Coast Builders Exchange
- Member, Sonoma County Bar Association
- Member, Sonoma County Alliance
- Past President, Sonoma County Bar Association
- Past Board of Directors, Sonoma County Bar Association
- Empire College School of Law Scholarship Committee
- LSRAA Sonoma County Superior Court Courts Committee