Justin D. Hein
Smith Dollar PC
418 B Street, Fourth Floor
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
• All California State Courts
• All Wisconsin State Courts
• U.S. Tax Court
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• Superlawyers, Rising Star – 2017-2019
• Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminant Rated – 2015-2019
• Sacramento Magazine, Top Attorneys in Sacramento – 2015-2016
• San Diego Magazine, Top Employment Attorney – 2018
• American Bar Association (Years Active: 2005-2018)
• Sacramento County Bar Association (Years Active: 2007-2018)
• San Luis Obispo County Bar Association (Years Active: 2011-2018)
Mr. Hein has 14 years of experience representing a wide variety of professionals and businesses throughout the state of California. Practicing primarily in the areas of employment law, business transactions, and matters dealing with professional, health care, and occupational licenses, Mr. Hein successfully represents physicians, contractors, veterinarians, engineers, nurses, architects, therapists, brokers, nurses, surveyors, and salespersons, as individuals and on behalf of their businesses.
His practice primarily includes general counsel and employment law representation and legal services to employers. Those services include preventative legal representation through interpretation, guidance, and application of the law to each client’s unique situation. But sometimes push comes to shove, and a dispute morphs into a lawsuit. And Mr. Hein has years of experience in litigation, arbitration, administrative hearings, petitions for writs of mandate, and appeals. He has appeared on behalf of clients in U.S. and California courts as well as before a variety of federal, state, and local government agencies, including the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, California State Personnel Board, Office of Administrative Hearings, Labor Commissioner, Employment Development Department, and various Municipal Civil Service Commissions.
Mr. Hein serves as an administrative hearing officer, private arbitrator, and mediator. He serves as a hearing office the County of Sonoma and had previously done so on behalf of the County of San Diego and the Sacramento County Bar Association.
Mr. Hein is an AV® Preeminent™ rated and 10.0 Avvo rated attorney. Sacramento Magazine, San Diego Magazine, and Super Lawyers – Northern California have all recognized Mr. Hein as a top lawyer or rising star in employment law in the past two years. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and received his law degree at the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2005.
• Employment and Labor Litigation
• Employment and Labor General Counsel
• Contract Drafting, Negotiation, and Disputes
• Commercial Transaction Drafting, Negotiation, and Disputes
• Business Litigation
• Administrative Hearings
• Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Economics; University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Juris Doctorate, University of Wisconsin Law School